Sideways

.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c5/Mike_Tyson_at_SXSW_2011.jpg/777px-Mike_Tyson_at_SXSW_2011.jpg

Mike Tyson at SXSW
: photo by Eduardo Merille, 13 March 2011





Once people feared you as though you were a ferocious animal
And you were indeed every bit as ferocious as they said
But now that you are not a ferocious animal anymore
And are down to doing humiliating little things
Like fashioning balloon animals in a Vegas hotel lobby
Don't you ever feel like that's a little demeaning
For a former champion of the world

No because what you were doesn't exist
You are what you are
And I'm always going to be that person
I'm always that person that people thought I was
I feel like that person
I'm always that person
You change your life and get different troubles in your life
But I don't look at life like that
I could say everybody took advantage of me
Everybody screwed me so the heck with anybody else
But if I say that who's going to win?
The world's got a better "screw you" hand than you do
So you have to go at life with a positive attitude
And an upbeat personality
And just ask life to throw some humbleness upon you
Even if you were a ferocious animal at some other time
I don't know
The only thing I know is that life is good
And if I die five minutes from now
I'm still indebted to life
I still owe life
You know what I mean?





http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/07/Mike_Tyson.jpg

Mike Tyson in the ring at Las Vegas, Nevada
: photo by Ryan Lackey, 2 September 2006



Mike Tyson in the ring at Las Vegas, Nevada
: photo by Ryan Lackey, 2 September 2006

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/43/BalloonsColoredModellingOverhead.jpg/1024px-BalloonsColoredModellingOverhead.jpg

A balloon modeller's toolkit containing hundreds of colorful balloons in various sizes and hues
: photo by Jeremy Kemp, 19 August 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment